Installation & Care
- Remove loose dirt by sweeping or vacuuming.
- Following directions, prepare a cleaning solution using a neutral ph cleaner designed specifically for ceramic tile. These types of cleaners are available from ceramic tile suppliers.
- Thoroughly clean the ceramic tile, including the grout joints, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean, warm water and allow drying. A second rinsing with clean water may be necessary to completely remove all the cleaning solution. Consult with your tile and sealer manufacturers to determine if the selected sealer is appropriate for the tile.
- For added protection of cement-based grout, a grout sealer may be applied in accordance to the grout manufacturer’s instructions. Grout sealers are also available through your tile supplier.
- Generally, grout sealers are not intended to change the appearance of the grout. Always test an inconspicuous area first to verify the desired appearance results. Tile and floor covering stores sell cleaning products developed specifically for cleaning tile and stone. These specialized cleaning products generally outperform products available in supermarkets or hardware stores.
- To maintain the beauty and elegance of Roca tiles, we advise daily cleaning with conventional methods.
- Remove soil with a broom, non-oily dust mop or vacuum. Use a scraper or putty knife to remove any stubborn surface debris. We do not recommend using dust-catching mops with silicone and waxes. The surface must be washed with a neutral soap and the amount of hot water recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not use cleaning products containing wax, brighteners or similar additives, since in time they may leave a waterproof layer on the tile which alters its surface appearance.
- We strongly recommend the use of doormats, which must remain clean, in entrances to tiled areas, whether from the street, terrace or garden, to prevent the entry of abrasive elements. We recommend special care in zones close to beaches or construction works, where there is a risk of sand and stones being brought in.
- It is advisable to place protections on objects which can mark the tiles if dragged (metal table legs, chairs, etc.) being especially careful ith shiny and satin-finished products.
- If the tiles cannot be cleaned completely, we provide the following table showing suitable cleaning agents for each type:
- Always lay out the tiles, pulling from multiple cartons, prior to installation to achieve color consistency.
- When using recommended products for tiled areas, protect surrounding non-tiled surfaces. Tile cleaning and maintenance products can adversely affect metals, glass, wood, etc.
- When in doubt, contact the tile distributor or product manufacturer. Choose and use properly designated maintenance products to enjoy the beauty and durability inherent in your ceramic tile installation.
- The tile colors that you see on this web site are not an actual representation of the tile. Please request samples for color matching purposes.
- A degree of shading is inherent in the manufacturing of glazed tiles. Before installation, please ensure an acceptable blend of shade can be achieved. Please also check the shade rating.
- Check the caliber and quality of the product before laying. No responsibility or claims will be accepted once the tiles have been installed.