Installation and Care
DRY APPLICATION ON GRASS
- Pedestrian paths in green spaces can be formed easily and quickly thanks to Pavers. The product is practical, economic and environmentally friendly in as much as adhesive, joint and laying work is not required during the dry application thereof.
- PREPARATION The tile pattern to be applied on grass is decided. The area is excavated through virtue of a shovel according to the size of tiles. The ground is made ready by digging at a depth of about 5-6 cm.
- STABILIZER LAYER Pebbles are fixed in order to adjust height by pouring them into the pit with the help of gauge. Preparation of at least a 3 cm-thickness pebble layer is recommended below the application area
- APPLYING TILES Tiles are applied approximately 1 cm under the grass level.
- LEVEL ADJUSTMENT Rubber mallet is utilized in order to align the lawns with the tiles.
DRY APPLICATION ON PEBBLE
- Pavers are a practical and a versatile solution in both residential and public areas. The application on pebbles ensures drainage of rainwater in a correct way.
- PREPARING THE AREA A pebble mixture which has different particle sizes (16-35 mm) is poured into the application area. A pebble layer in 10-20 cm thickness is formed.
- PREPARING THE AREA A pebble mixture which has different particle sizes (16-35 mm) is poured into the application area. A pebble layer in 10-20 cm thickness is formed
- SURFACE LEVELING Minimum of 2% slope in the flow direction of water should be given to the application area.
- PLACING TILES The pebble layer is leveled by virtue of a floating rule. Standard gaps are provided when tiles are applied and surface flatness is checked every 5 meters for ideal application.
- FINISHING The gaps between the tiles are filled by fine sand or pebble and the tiles are fully placed on the ground by virtue of a rubber mallet.
DRY APPLICATION ON SAND
- Pedestrian paths or seating areas are formed on the beaches and coasts by Pavers. It is recommended using tiles in light colors in order to prevent overheating of the surface in applications made on sand.
- PREPARATION There should be at least 5-10 cm thickness sand layer in the application area.
- STABILIZER LAYER The surface is leveled by virtue of a floating rule before the tiles are applied.
- PLACING TILES Application is made subsequent to determination of appropriate gaps between the tiles.
- FINISHING The gaps between the tiles can be filled again by sand or used without the application of filling.
APPLICATION OF RAISED GROUND
- Pavers provides numerous advantages when applied with ground elevating apparatus to be placed at the corners and center. Ground roughness and collapse issues are solved in a practical way thanks to this application method.
- PREPARATION OF THE AREA Tiles are applied on concrete screed or on ceramic floor without leveling through utilization of suitable height apparatus.
- CONTROL OF TILES 20 mm tiles are manufactured in arectified and their size tolerances are ± 0.5 mm.
- APPLICATION It is recommended for high traffic areas to place an apparatus in the middle part of the tile in addition to the apparatus placed on the tile corners. Installations (water, electricity, lighting, etc.) can be easily placed thanks to ground elevating apparatus.
- LEVEL Adjustable tools ensure laying evenly in cases when the ground is not smooth. The tiles can be easily changed in the event of a failure subsequent to completion of the application.
APPLICATION WITH MORTAR
- Pavers is applied by usual technique in high traffic areas. Thanks to its durable structure, it is the perfect solution for public areas and industrial facilities.
- PREPARATION OF ADHESIVE MORTAR Adhesive mortar is made ready prior to placing the tiles. Cement based, high performance and super flexible bonding mortars have to be utilized.
APPLICATION OF ADHESIVE MORTAR TO THE GROUND
- Application should be made by applying the adhesive on both to the surface and back of the tile. It should be let to dry for at least 24 hours after apply the adhesive mortar and then the joint application should be proceeded.
- JOINT APPLICATION It is recommended to leave a joint gap of at least 5 mm. the joint gap must be at least 1 cm in soft grounds. Usage of KYK Megafuge Flex joint is recommended in high traffic areas.
- THE LAST STEP The joints must be removed before it dries. Recommended chemichals for cleaning should be utilized and the surface should be rinsed by plenty of water.